True story: these were eaten so quick, I didn’t have time to get a fancy pants photo.
I’ve been experimenting with baking recently and in particular using all my favourite childhood chocs to make fun new cupcakes.
This recipe is for Crunchie Bar cupcakes! I used to get 50p pocket money at the weekends when I was little and I always spent it on a Crunchie. They were my absolute favourite.
Here’s what you need:
- 3 crunchie bars
- 110g butter at room temperature
- 110g golder caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 50g self raising flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Here’s what you do:
- Whisk the butter and sugar together until nice and creamy. It should be this sort of colour:
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla essence:
- Sieve the flour, cocoa and baking power in to the mixture and whisk in well. I forgot to take a photo but this is fairly self explanatory.
- Smash up crunchie bars and toss in flour, then fold in to the mixture.
- Spoon into cases (makes roughly 12) and bake at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes or until risen. A skewer should come away clean when you pop it in.